Recent acquisitions following my forth solo show with Erskine Hall & Coe, London
- The permanent collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum. Purchase funded by Christopher M. Gorman-Evans.
- The National Museum of Ireland, Decorative Arts & History, Collins Barracks, purchased through the Contemporary Collection of Design & Craft, a joint initiative of The National Museum of Ireland and Design & Crafts Council of Ireland.
The Gardiner Museum, Toronto, Canada
The Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, England, U.K.
The Hunt Museum, Limerick, Ireland
Chatsworth House, Chatsworth, U.K.
The Art Institute of Chicago, U.S.A. (Gift of Michael and Tamara Root)
Shanghai Municipal People's Government, China
Office of Public Works, Farmleigh House, Dublin, Ireland
National Museum of Ireland, Dublin
Columbus State University, Georgia, U.S.A.
Crawford Municipal Art Gallery, Cork, Ireland
Irish Department of Foreign Affairs - Foreign Embassies Collection -
- Canberra, Australia (2005)
- Madrid, Spain and The Hague, The Netherlands (2007),
- Beijing, China (2013)
Member of the Experts Panel - Loewe Craft Prize - 2018 and 2019
Member of the Judging Panel - RDS Craft Awards - 2018
Selected Maker -
Design & Crafts Council of Ireland ‘Portfolio - Critical Selection’ - each year since 2006
'Chance Encounters 3", Essay by Andrew Bonacina, Loewe Foundation Publication. 2017
Wallpaper*, 2017 - Review by Elly Parsons
'Contemporary British Crafts - The Goodison Gift to The Fitzwilliam Museum', Amanda Game, 2016
Solo Exhibition Catalogue 2016, Erskine Hall & Coe, Essay by Emma Crichton-Miller
Solo Exhibition Catalogue 2014, Erskine Hall & Coe, Essay by Garth Clark
Ceramic Review - Jan/Feb 2013 (Interview by Angus Stewart)
Solo Exhibition Catalogue 2012, Erskine Hall & Coe, Essay by Sebastian Blackie
Irish Arts Review - Nov/Dec 2012 (Interview by Frances McDonald)
‘Ceramics – Art & Perception’, Sept ‘09
‘la revue de la Ceramique et du Verre’, July/August 2007
‘NCG – Review, 2000 – 2004’, DCCOI Publication
Invited Demonstrator -
Ceramics Ireland International Festival 2010
University of Ulster 2011, 2012
Loewe Craft Prize Finalist 2017
Golden Fleece Award - Merit - 2016
Peter Brennan Pioneering Potter Award, Ceramics Ireland, 2010
C.C.O.I. Travel Bursary Award 2006, 2007
Design & Crafts Council of Ireland (D.C.C.O.I). Research and Development Award 2005
International Residencies -
It is my pleasure to have been awarded the opportunity to work on two International residencies...
- 2013 - Liverpool (U.K.), undertaking a 6-week residency at Hope University in partnership with the Bluecoat Display Centre and supported by The Crafts Council of Ireland.
- 2011 - I was one of 13 Irish Makers selected to participate in a month-long residency in FULE International Ceramic Art Museums, Fuping, China
Invited speaker -
'Making In 2018', Hosted by Joseph Walsh Studio. Making in Art / Craft / Design / Architecture / Joseph Walsh Studio, Cork.
Crawford College of Art & Design - Cork, 2016
Irish Contemporary Ceramics Collection - Limerick School of Art & Design, 2015
Panel discussion at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum of America, 2010